There’s nothing like a little shimmer to give your makeup look a glamorous touch. However, adding metallic colors to a work appropriate look can be a bit more difficult; you want to be a showstopper but still be professional. The trick is choosing one facial feature to highlight (eyes are easiest), looking for versatility in products, and using a single metallic color while letting the rest of the colors stay neutral. Here are seven eye shadow products that are affordable and subtle, but still glamorous enough to make a statement.
1. Mary Kay At Play™ Eye Crayon ($10)- These eyeliner crayons from Mary Kay’s At Play Line are creamy, buildable, and versatile. They can worn as an eye base, eyeliner, or an eye shadow. One swipe across each eye will instantly add touch of glamour. Plus, they come in four great colors!
2. e.l.f. Studio Long-Lasting Lustrous Eye Shadow ($3)–Don’t let the deep color of this luxe shadow scare you. Worn alone, this shadow is a perfectly subtle, metallic color for anyone. These shadows also come in multiple colors.
3. NYX Glam Shadow ($4.50)– Another trick to wear metallic colors subtlety is wearing lighter colors that closely match your skin tone. The glimmer won’t cause too much attention because the color is soft.
4. e.l.f. Studio Shimmer Palette ($3)- This palette includes many nude colors that provide a more natural look that can still light up your face.
5. NYX Roll On Eye Shimmer ($4)- This gorgeous product can be used not only on your eyes, but also on the rest of your face and body. Use a little on the eyes in the daytime, and use more for a night out with friends. It’s totally buildable, so you can decide how pigmented you want the product to be.
6. e.l.f. Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick($3)- This eyeliner is another amazing, versatile product. It can worn as a thin liner with neutral colors at work, or worn as a shadow for more intensity later.
7. Mary Kay At Play™ Just for Eyes Eye Shadow ($10) – This shadow trio includes two neutral, earth toned metallic and a pop of teal for when you want something more. Since all the colors are similar, they can be easily blended to create a unique look.